Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Waiting on a Birthday

Well, Baby Featherstone is presenting more complications. The good news is the polyhydramnios is not as severe. The amniotic fluid is still at a high level, but it has decreased. Her estimated weight yesterday at the ultrasound was 8 lbs, 11 oz.  Baby Girl is all the way down in my pelvis. My OB's plan was to induce sometimes this week and Baby Girl is all ready but it appears my girly parts just don't want to let her out. There is 0 effacement and 0 dilation for those who know what that means.

So, if we were to induce this week I'm at risk for a C-section. For those of you following along her size and the polyhydramnios has already put me at risk for a C-section. However, my OB thinks I can manage a natural birth up to 10 lbs. So, the game plan as of now is altered a little.

I'm scheduled to be induced next Monday on January 31st. She's going to check me this Thursday, however and if things have changed the induction maybe bumped up earlier.

So, as of right now Baby Girl will be here at least within the week!


No comments:

Post a Comment